Monday, August 14, 2006

Weekend Update

This past weekend I had my goddaughter and her cousin come for a visit and we went to Storybook Gardens. The girls are 7 and 4, just the perfect age to enjoy this place. We were there for most of the afternoon. I think the most fun they had was at the splash pad.

I got up early on Saturday morning to get my run in before my company arrived. I was scheduled for a 10 mile run, but decided to do 12, as I missed my long run last week due to problems with my Achilles tendons. I left the house at 7:10 am and it was chilly out! But it was perfect running weather. I ran downtown from my house and into the park system. The washrooms in the park are supposed to open at 8:00 am, but they never do. Just before my turnaround point, I ran by a washroom, and it was still locked. I was starting to think I would have to go a little off course and find a Tim Horton's, but on my way back, I noticed the men's washroom was open. I checked the women's, and it was still locked. WTF? So I thought, oh well, I'll go in the men's, and I did. I was alone in there. I don't know what I would have done if some guy had come in to use the urinal!! All in all, the run felt good and I was home before 9:30 am, so I could start getting food ready for my company.

My friends showed up about 11:30. We visited for a bit, had lunch, and then off to Storybook Gardens. This was my first visit, and I have to say, it's a little over rated, but like I said earlier, the girls loved it, so who am I to judge? The most fun I had was watching the seals get fed. They are so cute. If I knew how to lower the resolution in my digital pictures, I'd post some cute seal pictures. Oh, yeah, and we saw a great blue heron in one of the ponds. We thought it was a statue at first, because it wasn't spooked when we got near it. I snapped some really good pictures of him. I love great blue herons.

My company left after breakfast on Sunday morning, and we made a date to go through a corn maze in a couple of weeks. Since my kids are grown up, it's fun to have a couple of little kids around so I have an excuse to do this kind of stuff.

I spent Sunday afternoon doing a little gardening and visiting with my daughter, "Rapid", who came over to do laundry and wash her car. Hubby arrived later in the afternoon and gave us an update on his adventures at the farm - still no running water.

As usual, the weekend went by too fast, and now here it is Monday morning, and I have to get ready for work. Ever hear that song by Loverboy, "Everybody's Working for the Weekend"? That's how I feel.

No comments: