Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Tapering

Sunday was our longest training run before the Forest City Road Races on Mother's Day. I ran 24.5 miles, the farthest I've ever gone in training. The weather was amazing. It was 6 C when we started at 6:30 am, and by the time we were done, it was up to about 18 and sunny. We're not yet acclimated to the warm weather, but it felt so good to me. Coach had organized a little picnic of beer and chips when we finished and it was really nice to enjoy that in the warm weather.

When I woke up Monday morning, my right knee was hurting and not in a good way. I took it easy all day and then went to an aquafit class after work. Yesterday we ran an easy 7 miles rather than doing speed work and the knee felt good.

So now we are officially tapering for the race. I need to do 14-16 miles this Sunday, which won't be easy because hubby and I will be at the farm. Maybe he'll ride his bike and accompany me on the nearby trail.

No comments: