Tuesday, October 31, 2006

No PB


Sunday was our last race of the season. It was a very cold and windy day. That's me on the far left with my winter coat on over my running jacket. It was 2 degrees celcius when I got up in the morning and only warmed up to 6 by the afternoon, but the wind made it feel a lot colder.

I haven't run much since my marathon, so I didn't expect a PB anyway, but the head wind was so bad in parts of the race, I couldn't believe it. I ended up with a 54:26 finish time in the 10k race. My personal best is 51:12, so I was way off the mark.

It was still good enough to land me in 4th place overall in the points standings at our local running store, so on Wednesday at the awards night, I will receive a $25.00 gift certificate. Not bad. Last year I was in 5th and got a t-shirt, so I've moved up.

I've already set goals for next year. I want to do a 10k in 50 minutes, a half marathon in 1:45, and a marathon in 3:59. I need to get on the treadmill this winter and do a lot of runs at 7.5 mph, and my goals will be attainable. I just need to find some really flat race courses.

No comments: