Saturday, October 28, 2006

Putting the Garden to Bed

Today was designated garden cleanup and planting spring bulbs day. It was raining when I got up. It seems like that's all it has done for the past 4 weeks. The rain stopped around 11:00 am, so I braved the wet and went out to start cutting down the dead plants in the front yard.

I was wearing gardening gloves and was instantly wet and cold, so I changed to rubber gloves and that felt a lot better. I cleaned up the front beds and planted some spring crocuses and alium. I saved seeds from my cleome and datura for planting next year and sharing with a friend.

Below is a picture of one of my sedums. My mother always called them frog bellies and I often refer to them that way as well. This sedum is a descendant of one I received many years ago from Mom.


I cut it down right after I took this picture. The back yard still needs work and I need to dump the clay pots. I don't know when I'll get to that.

No comments: