Thursday, February 08, 2007

Cold or Bored

I had to make a choice today, and I chose the boredom of the treadmill over running outside in the cold. Today's schedule called for 8 miles, and I wondered how I would get through it on the treadmill. I watched the last bit of Oprah, all of Dr. Phil, and the first 15 minutes of the six o'clock news. I got off a couple of times to go to the bathroom, and before I knew, I had 8 miles in the bank.

The best part was when I was heading back to the changeroom, I walked by the room where my group gathers. I could hear Coach saying "And one more thing before we head out..." Yeah, I was done before they even left. As I sit here now, all warm and well fed, I'm thinking, I would probably just be getting back, all cold and hungry, if I had chosen cold over bored.

No comments: