Sunday, January 06, 2008

Shopping

Look what I scored at the Superstore yesterday. I went online to see where I could buy Tofurkey products and found out the Superstore in St. Thomas carries them, so hubby and I went on a field trip. I'm going to check in London, probably next week, to see if the Superstores here carry them, but it's really not that far to drive to St. Thomas.

I was a little disappointed when we first got in to the store because I was finding the same old Yves Veggie and President's Choice products that I can get in any Loblaws. But then we found the natural foods aisle. Wow! I was so excited to see soy yogurt. I tried the peach flavour as soon as we got home and had a Tofurkey sandwich for lunch. It's okay, but Yves Veggie Salami is still my favourite. I can hardly wait to try the Earth Island "Mozzarella." It's vegan and the label says it melts!

We needed the wine for a stew recipe I was trying for dinner, and no, it was not in the natural foods aisle, and it's probably not vegan. We're working on that, though. Hubby is making two batches of wine and he promised he won't filter them with isinglass.

After lunch, I went to Chapters to check on the price of some vegan cookbooks I'd like to buy. Their prices are better if you buy off their website, so I'll be ordering them online. I've had two of Sarah Kramer's books as well as Vegan with a Vengeance out of the library for some time now. I keep renewing them, but I'm sure the library will want them back eventually. I haven't tried a lot of recipes from them, but Isa's cookies are really good, and Sarah's soups are some of the best I have ever had in my life. Even my omnivore hubby loves them.

Gotta go and get ready for my 14 mile run in the rain, so I'll check in later.

No comments: