Sunday, January 14, 2007

Cold and Wet

That's how my run ended this morning. It didn't start out that way, though. I checked the weather forecast when I got up and there was a weather advisory about imminent freezing rain and snow. Everything looked dry outside, so I left for the long run with my training group. We had 10 miles to do this morning, and the run started out really well. The temperature was hovering around the freezing mark. But with 3 miles to go, the freezing rain started. It started coming down harder and in pellets. We decided to take a little shortcut back as we were getting soaked and my hair was crusty from the ice. When we got back, however, the Garmin said we did 10 miles. I hate running in rain and usually wimp out of any run where I might get wet. I made a new years resolution to not be such a wimp this year. So far, I've done two rainy runs and lived to talk about it.

On the diet front, I was over my calorie limit three days last week. I gotta tell you, 1,600 calories isn't very much food. I didn't weigh myself this weekend because of TOM bloating.

Hubby weighed in and he has gained back the pound he lost a week ago. He's starting back to work after 6 months off due to hip replacement surgery, so I'm sure the weight will start to come off a little easier for him.

I made the most awesome dinner tonight. It was Baked Ziti with Shrimp and Scallops. I found the recipe on the Cooking Light website. The recipe called for a bottle of roasted red peppers, but I roasted my own on my new gas range. It was fun.

No comments: