Wednesday, January 03, 2007

So Far So Good

Day one of my new fitness regime went well. I re-dedicated myself to Sparkpeople to track calories. I was a little over for the day, and only drank 7 glasses of water, but felt good about it as a whole.

I went to the gym at noon to do some lower body and ab work, and then after work I ran 2 miles on the treadmill before going to Bodypump class. Bodypump is this great class at the GoodLife Club. It is weight training set to music. Mo Hagan, Fitness Director for all GoodLife Clubs across Canada teaches on Tuesday nights. She is very motivational and so fit, you just want to try harder to impress her. So, needless to say, I used a little heavier weights than I'm used to and this morning I'm feeling it.

The new class schedules at the club start next week. I want to do some spin classes. I'm going to have to work out a schedule to get in my swims, bikes and runs so I can kick ass at the "Try-A-Tri's" this summer.

I tested myself to see how many pushups I can do. I pumped out 20, but might have been able to squeeze one more out. My goal is 50 by the end of the year, so I've got some work to do, but it's achievable.

Tonight is Firm Parts at the gym. I hope my shoulders hold out. There's a killer ab class after that. I can hardly wait.

No comments: