Friday, January 26, 2007

Stupid Gym Stories

Yesterday I went to the gym at noon as usual. When I got there I realized I had left my running shoes at the office. Our gym has a policy where you have to wear shoes (Duh!), but I wasn’t about to waste 15 minutes of my lunch hour going back for them, so I decided to sneak in wearing socks. I thought, I’ll just do my workout until someone asks me to leave. It was upper body and ab day, so I knew it wouldn’t interfere with any of the exercises. I hustled through the workout in record time, thinking, I gotta get this in before I get caught. And guess what, no one said a word to me. I totally got away with it.

Today was Body Flow. Body Flow is a choreographed combination of Tai Chi, Yoga and Pilates, so we do it in bare feet on yoga mats. The woman in front of me had her mat kind of close to mine and when we were doing the balance track, so almost stuck her foot in my face. Whew! She had smelly feet. Later on, someone nearby farted. It smelled too. I couldn’t wait to get out of there.

I go through a lot in the name of health and beauty. I better be down a pound when I weigh in tomorrow morning.

No comments: