Sunday, January 07, 2007

I Couldn't Take the Guilt

So I went to the running store this afternoon and joined the Gold Team. I tried to lay low this morining with the training group, but the coach saw me. He made an announcement that if we're not registered by Tuesday, we won't be allowed to continue. I'm now past the cut off on my credit card, so it was safe to put more on it. I really need to set some money aside so I don't get caught like this next year. I'll be reimbursed by my company, but they can be slow in paying.

It was a beautiful morning for a run. The temperature was hovering around the freezing mark, there was no wind, and the sun even came out while we were out there. I met up with 3 of my running buddies and we set out to do 10.5 miles. Two of us wanted to do the whole distance and the other two were doing 7 (they're training for a half marathon).

Just past the half way point, another runner we didn't know came up to us and asked if she could run with us. She's a former member of our training group, but burned out a few years ago, so she has just been doing casual running for the past couple of years. She decided she needed to return to the group to help her with motivation. She's about our age and runs the same pace, so it was good and also nice to make a new friend. She's also done Boston, so I can get some tips from her. It'll be great.

The run was fairly uneventful, but it felt good. I didn't lose anything in my level of fitness over the off season. My Garmin said I did 9.70 miles in 1:51:07.

No comments: